At tutorcentral, tutors of all types are invited to join. Registeration is free - no upfront fee, no hidden costs. Also you set your own tutoring rates. However, TutorCentral administratively retains about 10% commission on TutorCentral tutoring sessions. For more details on commissions, click here.
View Current Open Requests Here.
Once registered, you would begin to access multiple tutoring requests from students around the world in the open request area. Some requests may also be directly addressed to you based on your profile online, ratings, repeat referral, and evaluations of students you tutor. You have the first access to the requests directed to you but you may return these requests to the open area by declining it. You have the option of tutoring students online from any location or only students who live close to you online or face-to-face. For online tutoring, you may use our real time audio, video, desktop sharing and application sharing software with whiteboard tools. For sample screens of our online classrooms, click here.
Finally, TutorCentral provides you with secure online space and content management tools to develop and maintain tutoring and educational materials online. You can also create quizzes and assignment for your students for offline study. This is to support our goals of enabling the delivery of total learning that includes instructional, demonstrative, collaborative, and individual study components. Our content management application is easy to use (like using Microsoft Word) and you can cut and past existing material into it or create new content from scratch. For sample screens, click here.
Tutorcentral is currently looking for tutors who:
- Have some experience in tutoring, both online and face-to-face
- Are subject matter experts in their subject of choice.
- Have access to a computer - our web conferencing software is platform independent.
Requirements for tutors:
- Tutors must complete the registration form providing name, location, password, courses they wish to tutor, qualifications for those courses, tutoring rates, preferences etc.
- Provide copies of the qualifications claimed above
- Provide a copy of a picture identification
- Provide names and addresses of two references
- Prepare to have a TutorCentral employee or agent contact you to verify that indeed you are the owner of the registration information before your application is approved.
(Please note that we may also do a background check on your profile solely for the protection of all members of our community).
Benefits of joining Tutorcentral:
Click here to Register.
Click here to Contact Us if you have additional questions.